Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rats !!!




Running like rats on a treadmill is what some days feel like. Then a restless begins to descend deep into ones soul and begins to express itself in a sharp tongue, ill temper and anxiety for no reason at all.
Have you been there and done that? I plead guilty many times over. I then I want chide myself and say "how foolish"!! Don't you know the source of Peace and stillness? Don't you know better than to be anxious? How often I forget, and do the very things I ought not to.

Then my heart and spirit lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, to Jesus throne and I am stilled like a child. Did He not say His yoke is easy and burden light? Did He not say "Be still and know that I am God?” Did He not say that He will renew my strength? Did He not say he will give me living water that will quench my thirst? Did he not promise to leave his peace with me? How foolish have I been!!! I turn in repentance to giver of LIFE and PEACE - Jesus.
I realize that the practice of being still takes a lifetime and is often ruffled by life's busyness. I have to make sure I do not wander away from this. Here is where my soul finds it’s anchoring - in His presence alone. So this is my prayer:

 To know you more take - me deeper Lord
To seek your face takes - me to your throne
To love you more - pour out your spirit Lord
And make me yours alone.

To live in your presence - that’s where I want to be
To draw closer and linger is my heart’s desire
To wait on you for renewed strength
To draw on your grace that flows without end
To hope in you and have faith rekindled
This is my desire, this is my desire.

Navaz D Cruz

1 comment:

  1. Love to read your blog to keep up with you and hear your voice. All the years just melt away and we are playing in Rose Minar compound again -- Sandy

    ReplyDelete